Sunday, October 7, 2012

This isn’t getting my book read…

My book group meets on Thursday. That’s in three days time.
I have so far read only 100 pages of 500+ pages and had intended to spend much of today reading. It just didn’t happen.
I have the tail end of a nasty lurgy (as we in the business call these viral infections) with a sore throat and general grogginess, and this morning I slept in – not for long, but a few extra zeds were most welcome. I woke just in time to say goodbye, sleepily, from my bed, to Cycloman. Scout had already gone.
Then I had to check the blogs, do a few emails and a little paperwork.
Then the sun came out – and as my garden has been sadly neglected in recent weeks, I decided to do a few jobs outdoors. A few jobs turned out to be nearly 5 hours hard labour. I have come in exhausted and still no more of my book has been read. I want to read it, although so far it hasn’t really engaged me… I want to be able to discuss it on Thursday, properly, with insight and intelligence. Well with insight anyway. Today was my only real chance. I’m working the next three days.
So here’s the deal: I put up a few pictures now, then cook the supper, maybe catch up on the ironing, then I shall go to bed with the book. Early. If you see me on here tell me to go back to the book, for goodness sake. OK?
I would normally expect these to flower in July….
Greg (Houdini) at it again….
Lots of loverly spiders among the borders

and spiders’ webs bedecked with jewels.

No comments:

Post a Comment