Wednesday, October 24, 2012

India the beautiful

I’ve been in India for 5 days now and am having a great time.  Arriving in Pune on Jan 20 at 4 in the morning, we were greeted by very friendly taxi drivers who offered us fruit drinks and water as we were driven back to the hotel.   I got back took a nap and met with some ssg folks for lunch.  Michelle Santee and I decided to go for a small tour of Pune.  The travel desk arranged a tour of  the fort and a museum in Pune called the Kelker museum.
Unfortunatley, the fort was closed(there was some sort of police issue) so we stopped by the Ganesh temple.  This temple is awesome.  It’s in the middle of the city, on this small street with hundreds of people and cars wizzing by.  Michelle and I got out for a few minutes to take some pictures. It was an experience.
We then headed for the Kelker museum which has some beautiful artifacts.  Some of my favorite things – I  have created a photo gallery at the top of the page.  There are some great puppets and the picture of the interior of the museum which was a palace built for the wife of the owner of the museum (Ithink).  My travel companion Michelle is also there and an old wood cabinet.
ok, off to dinner.
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment