Monday, October 8, 2012

A long way to the top


  The whole day to myself and the whole of the summer holidays clutter to clear – not so much as a spring clean; more of an autumn appraisal, a radical-reorganisation and a cathartic chuck-out. (Somewhat delayed this year as university term has only just begun) I decided on a quick rush through all the rooms first, then one room at a time for a proper sort out – but I usually get distracted!
I started in the (f)utility, then did the kitchen (I’m somewhat frustrated that the new door knobs I bought do not fit the kitchen cupboards, but rather pleased by the addition of a new lamp and the repositioning of the radio) – then the ironing before a coffee break (yawn – the most boring job, alleviated by Women’s Hour on radio 4.)
Now re-caffeinated and rested I need to start again. Which room next? It really should be the room at the top. Techie’s room. I need to get it ready in time for his next visit home…. for the Christmas holidays.
I may be sometime!

No comments:

Post a Comment