Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Social Media Monitoring: Are You Listening To Me?

Social Media Monitoring: Are You Listening To Me? 
 
Social Media Monitoring: Are You Listening To Me?
Every single day, I’m learning more and more about Social Media and realized how it affects our everyday lives even in the simplest ways. I gather information about Social Media through searching, listening and monitoring. Every day, I’m being reminded that perseverance is what will get me to where I want to be and so I really try to study and understand the field that I’m in right now. I do my work with full of eagerness because I want to learn something new.
According to Wikipedia active listening is a communication technique that requires the listener to understand, interpret, and evaluate what they hear. The ability to listen actively can improve personal relationships through reducing conflicts, strengthening cooperation, and fostering understanding, intent to “listen for meaning”.
I suggest that active listening should “focus on who you are listening to, whether in a group or one-on-one, in order to understand what he or she is saying. For me, listening and monitoring is good; as it gives immediate insight as to the breadth of the community, how they are feeling, what they are saying, passion points, etc. But listening without acting, in my opinion, is worthless. At the most basic level listening on the web is just like listening in the real world. In our everyday life we listen for mentions of our name and topics we’re interested in. By listening with these things we give ourselves the opportunity to learn more about on the things that we’re interested for, you can be able to find online spaces where the audience is already communicating, monitoring the conversations that happen there. Because social media is open and public by nature, listening is not only welcome – it’s expected.
Today, most of the business owners doing a nice job for building their respective online communities through allowing fans to provide suggestions in a public. Once that their fans submit suggestions they allow their communities to vote or to choose on each of them. With that they take the top suggestions and implement them!

No comments:

Post a Comment